Trump puts Budget Knife to Programs that Benefit the Poor
President Donald Trump is willing to cut many programs that benefit the poor and needy in order to give billions of dollars in tax cuts to his family and friends.
The president’s just released budget blueprint is so drastic that even some in his own Republican Party are already walking away from it.
Trump is hoping to cut more than 66 important programs, most of them programs the poor need to survive or lift themselves out of poverty.
Among the programs on the chopping block are –
- Single Family Housing Direct Loans
- Minority Business Development Agency
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants
- Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
- Community Services Block Grant
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Community Development Block
- Self-Help and Assisted Home ownership Opportunity Program Account
- Senior Community Service Employment Program
- Global Agriculture and Food Security Program
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- Planned Parenthood
- Meals on Wheels
And many more…
See all the programs here.
WHITE HOUSE NEWS
/ 3 hours ago
In a move that would not need congressional approval, the Trump administration is working...
/ 1 week ago
U.S. President Donald Trump is at it again. On Tuesday, he demanded in a tweet that...
/ 2 weeks ago
President Donald Trump’s attorney and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani asserted Monday that...
/ 7 months ago
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey has shot down speculations that she might go up against...