Trump puts Budget Knife to Programs that Benefit the Poor
President Donald Trump is willing to cut many programs that benefit the poor and needy in order to give billions of dollars in tax cuts to his family and friends.
The president’s just released budget blueprint is so drastic that even some in his own Republican Party are already walking away from it.
Trump is hoping to cut more than 66 important programs, most of them programs the poor need to survive or lift themselves out of poverty.
Among the programs on the chopping block are –
- Single Family Housing Direct Loans
- Minority Business Development Agency
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants
- Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
- Community Services Block Grant
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Community Development Block
- Self-Help and Assisted Home ownership Opportunity Program Account
- Senior Community Service Employment Program
- Global Agriculture and Food Security Program
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- Planned Parenthood
- Meals on Wheels
And many more…
See all the programs here.
WHITE HOUSE NEWS
/ 1 day ago
President Trump’s friend and former contestant on “The Apprentice” Omarosa Manigault Newman has resigned...
/ 3 days ago
Mississippi is one of the last states in the union with Confederate Emblem on...
/ 1 week ago
President Donald Trump has known for months that his former National Security Adviser Michael...
/ 2 weeks ago
You may have heard President Donald Trump’s attorneys downplay the recent guilty plea entered...