London Terrorist Attack: Six Civilians Dead, Many Injured
Terrorists struck again in London, England Saturday evening (EST). They crashed a white van into several pedestrians on the London Bridge in England before ramming into the railings.
That was the third attack in the last few months, following the recent murder of 22 innocent civilians after a concert by American singer Ariana Grande in the City of Manchester last month, and the stabbing death of a policeman outside the British Parliament Building in March.
According to witnesses, three men fled from a van during the recent terrorist attack on Saturday and began stabbing people in Borough Market. Borough Market is a popular area known for its pubs and restaurants, south of the London Bridge.
Witnesses reported that many of the clubs and bars in Borough Market locked their doors to keep the assailants from entering the establishments.
Will Orton, a civilian who had been in a pub during the attacks, spoke to the Press Association and described the hysteria of the scene, as well as many people running into the establishment.
“We thought maybe there was a fight or something outside. And then there were almost hundreds of people coming inside,” said Orton, “The bouncers did a really good job, they shut the doors and locked everyone in. There was panic. It seemed like it was literally outside the door. People were coming inside and saying they had witnessed people being stabbed.”
In the midst of the chaos, there were reports of three attackers with bombs strapped to their vests, causing even greater panic.
There were reports that the “suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes,” said Mark Rowley, the Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner.
While chaos ensued, armed officers were able to respond and kill the three attackers within eight minutes of the attacks.
“We are treating this as a terrorist incident and a full investigation is already under way,” declared Rowley.
The London Ambulance Service reported that at least 30 civilians were taken to hospitals in relation to the attacks, and it has been established that a responding officer was injured in a manner that has been deemed not life threatening.
It has also been confirmed that six civilians were killed during the attack. Many were injured.
In her response, British Prime Minister Theresa May said the attacks were “dreadful events,” and has announced plans to commence a meeting of the English government’s Cobra emergency committee.
This terrorist attack on Saturday comes merely two weeks after a suicide bomber killed himself and 22 innocent people in Manchester, in a packed arena at the end of an Ariana Grande concert.
Before that there was a terrorist attack in London in March, when a police officer was stabbed outside of parliament after a van on the Westminster Bridge drove into civilians, killing five.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan described Saturday evening’s terrorist attack as, “a deliberate and cowardly attack on innocent Londoners.”
WHITE HOUSE NEWS
/ 7 months ago
In a move that would not need congressional approval, the Trump administration is working...
/ 8 months ago
U.S. President Donald Trump is at it again. On Tuesday, he demanded in a tweet that...
/ 8 months ago
President Donald Trump’s attorney and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani asserted Monday that...