How To Leak to The Liberal Advocate
How To Leak Information to The Liberal Advocate
At The Liberal Advocate, we believe in telling stories. Sometimes, they are fairly easy stories to obtain. Other times, they are difficult stories that may contain sensitive information or documents that may endanger your well-being or compromise your livelihood.
To tell these difficult and sometimes risky stories, we must work with individuals with the knowledge or inside information and know exactly what is going on. That is why we need you, and why we rely on people like you.
If the story or information you have is safe and you believe it may not endanger your safety or livelihood, simply email it to us at [email protected]. Thank you for doing so.
Sending Sensitive Information?
We understand that sometimes you may come across the kinds of information that may endanger your person, family or livelihood were the source to be made public.
If you believe the story or information you have is of a sensitive nature such as when you think someone is being unfair or taking steps to destroy sensitive information, or someone in government or with higher authority is asking you to do something unethical, do not send it through an unsecured email account.
The government, your boss or hackers are able to read those messages or might be able to see that you reached out to us.
If you are worried about your safety or livelihood as a result of the information in your possession, do the following.
- Understand that no matter how cautious you are, there is a chance that the wrong party might access that information. Know your risk and plan accordingly.
- Never contact us through your work computer, phone or work email. Do not use any of the free email accounts – Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.
- Use an encrypted email messaging service. Do what we do. We use Protonmail account. The benefit of using a Protonmail account is that all messages sent from a Protonmail account to another Protonmail account is encrypted end-to-end.
- Protonmail account are easy to setup, and FREE. Simply go to www.protonmail.com, create an account (takes less than two minutes) and send us the information at [email protected]. When you send us a message from your Protonmail account to our Protonmail account, only we can access that information.
- Do not access Protonmail using your regular browser. Instead switch to “Incognito” or “Private” mode before access your Protonmail account. Most modern browsers have that mode. Close your browser as soon as you are done.
- Contact us after normal business hours.
- Do not tell anyone, not even your family, that you reached out to us.
- Do not use Social Media to reach out to us.
When we receive any information you send to us, we will seek to verify it’s authenticity. This may involve us reaching out to us. When we do, be assured that only our senior staff who need to know will know about it. We will do everything in our power to protect your identity but if you feed the need to remain anonymous even to us, please provide sources that may be in position to verify the authenticity of the information or documents.
Please contact us through the above Protonmail address if you have questions…
WHITE HOUSE NEWS
/ 3 months ago
In a move that would not need congressional approval, the Trump administration is working...
/ 3 months ago
U.S. President Donald Trump is at it again. On Tuesday, he demanded in a tweet that...
/ 3 months ago
President Donald Trump’s attorney and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani asserted Monday that...
/ 10 months ago
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey has shot down speculations that she might go up against...